XV Financial Institutions Annual Forum
Financial Institutions Committee
Get on the edge...
Don't miss the opportunity of listening to representatives of 2 Big entities: the FED and FDIC!
Regulatory entities will share the regulatory perspectives on current challenges affecting the industry in Puerto Rico. Technology experts will present a look at innovations and tools which provide a more secure environment as well as faster data access.
Topic to be discussed:
- Fintech: New technology and innovations to improve financial services.
Ms. Mariel Arraiza, Senior VP, Innovation, Technology & Operations Group,
- Artificial Intelligence: Simplifying the complexity… beyond the data. Are you up to speed? A must for every organization to consider in data analysis, process automation, and decision making strategies.
Mr. Carlos Meléndez, Chief Operating Officer, Wovenware
- FDIC Regulatory Updates: The FDIC’s regulatory perspective surrounding the current and future state of financial institutions in Puerto Rico. Strategic key elements to foster greater ability, strength, and resilience in the local industry to continue navigating difficult times ahead. Discussion of core areas subject to examination include asset quality, collaterals, funding, liquidity, and concentration risks. In addition, remarks on current and future legislative projects in Washington D.C. that will impact the financial services industry.
Mr. Kevin Glueckert, FDIC Field Supervisor, San Juan Field Office
- Commissioner of Financial Institutions in Puerto Rico (OCIF): Bitcoin and certain guidelines from OCIF. In addition, an overview of new financial institutions in Puerto Rico (Its products and services)? And updates from OCIF’s current projects and areas of focus.
Mr. George Joyner, Commissioner, Commissioner of Financial Institutions Office
- Federal Reserve Bank (FED):
a. Lessons learned from Harvey, Sandy, and Katrina in core areas such as Credit, Operations, Liquidity and Deposits… What can we learn from other jurisdictions? A regulatory perspective.
b. CECL up-date, a regulatory perspective
Ms. Wilma Sabado, Senior Bank Examiner, Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- New Labor Reform: Its opportunities and challenges for the Financial Services Industry.
Ms. Katherine González Valentín, Chair of Labor and Employment Department,
Moderator: José H. Santiago Ortolaza, CPA, President, Financial Institutions Committee
CPE Credits: 8.00
P. R. Field of Study: General
Date: May 18, 2018
Registration: 7:30am - 8:45am
Forum: 8:45am - 5:15pm
InterContinental San Juan Resort & Casino
CPA & Foundation Members $155
Applications received after May 11, $10pp
Notice: The Colegio de CPA reserves the right to substitute instructors and suspend a course due to insufficient enrollment or other causes beyond our control. We reserve the right to refuse admission. Space is limited. Registration is subject to the available slots. The tuition price for CPA applies to those who at the time of registration do not owe debts to the Colegio.